Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I found the original post about Cami's baptism and decided to put it in here too... don't want to forget a thing!!!


Well, today, our last child got baptized. Cami was one of six kids who were baptized at the Stake Center.. we didn't know any of the other families.
She was just sooo excited!! I wish you could have seen her as she came out of the water and in to the dressing area. She was a mexican jumping bean! She kept saying how she has never felt as happy as she did right now!
President Steck commented on her joyfulness, as did the Baptism Co-ordinator. Of course, with Cami, that always leads into a little silliness and then a lot of silliness, but who could blame her?
She was just beaming!
Mitch gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and did a good job of trying to get her attention along with the other kids.
When Cami was in the dressing room getting dried, she was almost disappointed that it only took one try!
Brother Fry came to see her get baptized, and helped with the confirmation. He is our Home Teacher... but that was it. Even the Bishopric forgot to come and welcome her into the ward. She didn't even notice... so that's good.
Right after her baptism, we went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner... or in Cami's case, mostly dessert! She picked the place to go and got loaded up with lots of icecream, chocolate lava cake and croutons! (Don't ask!) I think she managed to eat two slices of cucmber and maybe a couple of small pieces of their pizza bread, but I think her motive was purely sugar driven!

I just tucked her in and she came out to look for her scriptures that Mitch and I got her for today.
She is just a sweetheart! I am so grateful for this experience for her... she often shows a lot of pondering on spiritual things.. I hope it continues forever!

2 comments:

  1. I know you're worried about noone showing up....but, it truly sounds like a wonderful day. Cami is so precious. She is beautiful inside and out. I love her sweet testimony that was expressed in her excitement and "happiness". I'm so glad the pictures turned out. You have a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day. I love baptisms!! Cami is so cute... now they're all baptized. It's a neat feeling, isn't is? Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete